Mar 11, 2011

The other day I came across my Gloria Vanderbilt Book of Collage! I haven't looked through this book in at least a couple years, and oh what a gem.  The reason why I love this book so much is because it is not your typical book on a famous fashion designer: Them in their living space, sitting in each room with their dogs, lounging by the pool etc.  Don't get me wrong, I love to see a fashion designer - or really any one for that matter in their living space, and I will continue to buy their books, BUT what sets this book apart from the others is that it is all about her love for collage and her process! If you can find it on amazon, ebay or where ever - do get it, it will inspire you to collage in a new way!



She has quite a few collages of Queen Mary and Elizabeth throughout the book.  Also, these collages are tiny on my blog but they are actually life size in person! 

lastly,  I came across this cute shop on etsy : Hippie Kingdom the owner lives in India.  I love how the most humblest things can be made into some really great accessories.  Her use of newspaper/hemp/metallic thread and tin foil is fantastic. This would also be such a fun activity to do with pre-teens and teens.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...