Oct 30, 2014

A lot has changed since mid summer - 

One of the main things is the decision to now keep my shop open.

Yes, I know what you may be thinking..."Is this girl nuts? One min. she is
closing the other she is opening, make up your mind woman!" 

Well, luckily for me and you and the rest of life... decisions are not concrete, because
if that were the case life would be so much harder... more heartbreaking, and probably not
worth living. Hopefully we are always growing, moving, learning, changing...and all for the better.

My reason for now keeping this business going is a lengthy one... and I would like to gather my thoughts/observations in a way that is clear and not cloudy... so that will be for another day on here soon, but till then. The quick and dirty of my reason to open. 

The past couple months things have been a lot more stress free even though Jesse and I have
dealt with some more babie issue stuff.... but things have been really good, and for whatever reason
this challenge of not being able to start a family right now has brought us closer.

Also, Jesse and I have started a daily regimen that has eased so much anxiety, has calmed
my mind/thoughts and has managed to make me feel in control of my life.  Something I plan
on sharing here in a couple days because holy cow it is making a world of difference!

Lastly, Jesse is now helping me manage my business as much as he can. Which is part of our regimen, before he would help only if I asked [which usually resulted after I was stressed out] this is not a great set up. Together we have been going over my business model and decided to tweak some things to make it way more manageable. 

We will soon move from Etsy over to Shopify, there will be less traffic for now, which is the hope, I will keep working on licensing, we will be doing wholesale among other new things. 

Lastly, both Jesse and I want to thank all of you who took the time to write sweet comments on here and instagram about me deciding to close. I read everyone's words, cried a lot over what you said.... thought more than I would have liked about my life, whether or not I tried hard enough with my business, the type of work environment I want and the people next to me in my company who are along for the ride. Life is so interesting, I learn more often than not that the gift of free agency and the opportunity to try and try again is pretty amazing. Even when Jesse and I aren't having our best day or aren't being our best selves...tomorrow is always another day to be better than your last self. 

With that, I plan to write more here soon about our regimen and how I wish it would have dawned on us sooner to implement one! 

Talk soon!

xo

Roxy Marj :)





8 comments:

Marilla Walker said...

You are so wonderful and honest! Keep doing what makes you happy. Your creativity is amazing! X

Mareike said...

So brave, so strong! :-)

Love your designs and beautiful thaughts. Happy to know you keep on, keep keepin on...

Kelsey Taylor Hunt said...

Glad you're keeping your shop open (and taking care of what's best for you!) Your shop brings us so much joy - I only wish we could keep you on etsy, you're one of our favs!

Thanks for the fun inspiration to my work and to other sellers- and your honesty! Best of luck!

Natalie said...

I am blown away by your honesty and sheer talent! I've followed your work for a long time and am a repeat customer, but just discovered your blog. It's so wonderful to read about the other side of running a business, the side most don't share or let see the light of day. It is HARD, and all the press and likes on instagram don't make it less so. We need encouragement from our friends and family, and I'm glad to see that you're finding a path back to this wonderful business you have created. Thank you for sharing and being true to who you are. Sending much light and love to you, and look forward to hearing about the morning regimen that's helping relieve stress :)

Evie said...

Yeeahhhh!!! Good news re the shop, and that you're growing and finding new ways to that suit you to navigate through life, business and family times. Go you amazing inspiring humans! As always look forward to seeing what you get up to xoxo

Unknown said...

You are such a wonderful person and I'm really happy that you keep on - so keep doing what makes you happy in the first place. And sometime we need to make hard decisions to be able to overthink them afterwards. Thank you for your honesty. Best wishes for you and Jesse

fnjkeankjaen said...

So happy to read this!!
Decision and plans change everyday, that's the real beauty of it! Sometimes little changes make huge impacts, so keep doing whatever makes you happy, this is the most important of all!
And big hoorray, it also means the bear blanket will still be in production the day I can afford to get myself one - I'll be a child forever! - I can picture my future cozy bed with it!
<3

Katerina said...

I don't know if my previous comment went through but I second the comment above. HOORAY for the bear blanket. I wasn't quite ready to buy one yet ��
Katerina
Blog.lexandliv.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...