May 15, 2012



I just finished watching the first webisode of "Red Table Talks", which is produced by Jada Pinkett-Smith.
This first webisode, Jada sits down with her ADORABLE daughter and sweet mother, and they all talk about some really interesting topics...I am not going to tell you what they are because you should watch it.
I have always been a fan of Jada Pinkett-Smith, but now I think I am definitely a follower! I heavily gravitate towards people who are real and honest with themselves and others, and that is a trait that I try to emulate as much as possible in myself. I wish I could be great friends with the Smiths, they seem like the coolest family. 

One of the things that Jada touched on [geared specifically to her daughter Willow] was how important it is to take care of yourself. Jada's words: "When you stop taking care of yourself, you get out of balance and you really forget how to take care of others." <- I know that statement all too well... :/  anyways, if you love Jada Pinkett-Smith, you will love the Red Table Talks, along with her mannerisms, style and how sweet she is to her daughter and mother, and vice versa. There is nothing sweeter than a mother who loves and adores her kids, and seeing their kids love and adore their mom right back. What a role model! :) That reminds me of something I saw in church months ago. The Mormon church worship service is 3hrs long [every Sunday] and the first hour is Sacrament, and the last two hours are split up into classes for adults and children. The children go to what is called "Primary", and I happened to be in the Primary Presidency of my last ward..[ward is to the Mormon church as District is to public schools] I was the second counselor in the presidency and our President, Amy...happened to be doing the lesson for all the kids that day. Amy has 4 kids and they are all in the Primary, ages 4,7,9,11 and I remember Amy giving the lesson and her kids just looking at her with the highest admiration a child could have for their mother. It was so sweet that I was having to wipe tears from my eyes...I remember thinking that day, "I want to be a mom just like Amy" <- I looked up to her in so many ways, and still do. 

Anyways, I hope you will take the time to watch this series and support an uplifting program, especially since they are so few and far between these days. 

2 comments:

Amy @ My Life and Other Nonsense said...

I hadn't seen this video before. Love it! You have a fantastic blog!

ROXY MARJ said...

Thanks Amy! And I am glad you loved this video...they are some inspiring women for sure! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...