Dec 12, 2011

Hope you all had a fun weekend...I am still hoping for snow. : /  I had this thought the other day while wishing for snow: what would our world be like if people had control over the weather? I want to see a movie with this being the main theme...sounds interesting, no? ha! or perhaps you're thinking "that is the lamest thing I have ever heard" lol okay okay...you just calm down now...

But really, this weekend was fun and chill and inspiring... a couple highlights:

Jesse landed a really cool job with an outdoor wholesale company working with their marketing team. I am so excited about this because he works just 3 blocks from me...this is extra special considering that my work is out in the industrial area of Salt Lake...and even more super special because we only have 1 car...we really got blessed! Booya for blessings! :-[)  Annnnyways, so because getting a job [especially a happy one] is such a big deal, I thought it only appropriate to find something for Jesse for congratulating him. In my search for something memorable, I came across the artist Jon Knox and instantly fell in love with this drawing of what looks like in my mind, a cartoon version of Jesse! :-[) lol He loved it and was happily surprised. I found the frame at one of my favorite home goods shops here in Salt Lake: Emilie Jayne. 


<><><>

Due to our kitchen being tiny and our counter space being about as big as a cutting board, I rarely bake these days. It is sad actually...because I do like to bake, but I like counter space more. : / Well, we had some pie dough leftover from Thanksgiving along with some Granny Smiths, so I made a lattice apple pie. I have always done deep dish apple pie, but wanted to try out this recipe that I saw awhile ago, and let me just say....that pie turned out fantastic! The trick is to pour the mixture over the entire pie instead of mixing it in with the apples... a new favorite. And then last night I made some peppermint cheesecake squares for the 3 o'clock snack that I am in charge of at work today...we have been doing a snack every day so far for December. I have only tasted a snippet..but so far so good.



<><><>

Lastly, the most inspiring thing I experienced this weekend was watching "Buck" with Jesse. He had watched it a couple days ago and said it was one of the best movies he had ever seen. This is absolutely hands down my favorite movie! I cried like a baby through most of it, and was devastated when it ended. I want to meet this man so bad...we also want horses now too. I recommend just buying this movie though instead of renting it...it also would make a great Christmas present...I have a list building of who is getting this and it just keeps getting bigger and bigger... 

Here is an article about the movie appropriately titled "Buck: the movie that is making grown men cry"


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This apple pie looks so heavenly. I'll have to try the new trick :)

ROXY MARJ said...

try it Cori, you'll be pleasently surprised! :-[)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...