Jul 19, 2011

Yesterday I put in my two weeks at DownEast. It is time to start a new chapter in my life, but more importantly...to actually work on what it is I love. Designing. I quit without a job lined up.... some people would say that is stupid, but the more I kept thinking about it the more I realized that I just need to take that leap of faith and cannon ball into the unknown. Funny thing is, normally this would have freaked me out last year or years prior but I honestly feel at peace with the situation. However, Sunday night I confess I was a little stressed and my mind was racing and I had the stupid song "people power in the disco hour" running over and over and OVER again in my head a million miles an hour. I wanted to shoot myself!!!! I finally fell asleep around 4am.

I would like to give a little shout out to my online friend Denise Holmes for two reasons:  1. because through some emails we have written to each other she mentioned quitting her job and taking that leap into illustration. Her work is fantastic and so her. I really admire her style, aesthetic and illustrative grace if there is such a thing. 2. Last week I received a wonderful and sweet package of printed goodies from Denise....Thank You Denise...it made my day so much! xo



One of her little dog postcards I framed and hung in our little work in progress hallway. :)


<><><>

Lastly, I received a comment by a woman named Tia Maria. This is what Tia wrote:

can you write a post about finding love and how you knew jesse was the one? i know this is probably too personal but i am a single girl who hasn't had any luck in finding the one. i am on a path to improving myself...by being more involved in my own interests...but not sure what else i should be doing? i seem to be attracting guys only interested in a short term relationship, if you know what i mean...i respect your opinion. 

Tia, I just want you to know that I have been working really hard on this and trying to provide you with the best possible answer. I will do a post about this later tonight. I had to go back and revisit a lot of things that I watched and read over the years that has helped me specifically dating. I think these materials will help you as well! :) 

p.s. I really appreciated this comment and knowing I may be able to give you or anyone else some helpful advice makes me feel good inside. xo


3 comments:

denise said...

yay!! congrats on taking the leap! that is great news! i can't wait to see what you do!
im glad you like the package! :)
xox

ROXY MARJ said...

Thanks Denise! I can't wait to see what I do too! bahahahah lol :[)

Jennifer Palmer said...

It's so exciting, yet scary to take that leap. I was laid off two years ago and after taking some time off to travel and figure things out I decided to go back to school to be a photographer. It's something that I always loved, and the thought of working in a cubicle again with a anal-retentive boss made my soul die a little. So yeah, people might think I'm crazy being a poor college student at 30, but you know what? To me I'm living the dream and I'm happier than I ever was working at a "real" job. Is it scary? Yeah. Am I nervous sometimes that I won't make it? Of course. But I think it's better for our souls to just do things like this.

So thanks for your post. It just reminds me that I made the right decision.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...