Nov 3, 2010

Last night I was watching a program on tv which was focused mainly on doing your genealogy.  One of the families that was interviewed was talking about their Scottish heritage, the clan that they were from and their plaid [tartan] that represented their family.  I learned back in school that each Scottish clan had their own plaid and thought it interesting...but it didn't really hit me till last night. Possibly because now that I have my own place, and am starting to make a home of my own...I really want something that represents me and my future "clan".  This also got me so excited to start a family of my own someday, create my own plaid or print and dress my family & pets in my design head to toe! This actually reminds me of the time my mom got some discount cut and sew knit at Joannes when I was in 5th grade. Printed all across the fabric IN PASTEL was "french fries" - she made matching leggings and a long sleeve top for my younger sister [in kindergarten at the time] and me to wear. We LOVED the new outfit and the fact that we were twins.  Then one day my ultimate crush made fun of me when I wore it to school...yep. sadly, that outfit no longer stepped outside. 

Anyways, back to Scotland and their fantastic tradition > PLAID  so with fall in session and winter just around the corner, plaid is the go to print for this season. Hope this post zaps some inspiration into your cup of cocoa! :)

Just in case you don't know where Scotland is exactly...a map:


The Highlands: 


A castle:

 Some plaids & crests


Plaid for the home. This would definitely be a neat way to showcase one's clan. Plaid walls would be awesome...but that would only work if I had 10 rooms in my home...so for those who don't have a lot of space and wouldn't want to have a plaid wall all year long, or would just want to switch things up...why not buy 4 sheets of particle board, hinge them together and cover with plaid. But don't stop there...hang some pictures on there , black silhouettes of family member would be neat.


2 comments:

Emily said...

I rock my clan plaid in tattoo form :)

ROXY MARJ said...

SWEET Emily! I would love to see a picture of it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...