Feb 7, 2012

Awhile ago my friend Vivi sent me these little pieces of broken china that she find while exploring down on the river Thames. I hadn't found the perfect frame to display them in until the other day.  I took the glass out of the frame , glue gunned the china on the cute little envelope they came in, and then glue gunned that onto some nice artist's paper. I also like to snuggle in pictures on-top of other pics we have around our home, I think it creates a fun collage type feel...if you're into that sort of thing.


This type of project would be fun for large collections of one's findings...I have been on the lookout for a huge frame to go with this old collection of mine that has been in storage.  I am thinking of just buying a large ugly one at the thrift store and then paper-macheing some flowers or basic shapes all around...I think that could look really lovely.... If you yourself have done that or have seen pictures of it somewhere, would you mind sharing? :)


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I FINALLY delivered my hand made book I made for my friend Eva's daughter Ingrid. If you want to look inside...click HERE

5 comments:

fnjkeankjaen said...

The little treasures look very good framed!
I have so many frames from second hand shops, I hope one day I can have a frame wall too.
And that hand made book looks simply amazing! Such a great idea, well done!
x

Shoko said...

That book looks gorgeous. And the little treasures! Oh my goodness! So beautiful!

ROXY MARJ said...

Thanks ladies. :) That book was really fun and easy to make too...you both should make one!! :)

Eva / Sycamore Street Press said...

Okay, so I can't say enough how amazing!!! that book is. Such a treasure. Thank you. And I love what you did with th e little bits of china from the Thames. I once saw an art exhibit, where the artist had volunteers dig up the banks of the Thames and give him everything they found. Then he built a gigantic cabinet of curiosities type thing with shelves behind glass and lots of drawers you could open, and filled it with the things they found, all organized by type of item... plastic doll heads, coins, bones, etc... One of my favorite art pieces ever.

ROXY MARJ said...

Thanks Eva. And that exhibit sounds sooo interesting Eva! I wish I could have see it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...