Jul 5, 2011

Yesterday was my 30th birthday! That's right, I was born on the 4th of July!  :-[)  I am not one of those people who hates getting older. I love it. I am actually looking forward to when I turn 40, 50, 60 etc. Have you ever heard this saying about wine: "it gets better with age"... I think the same for people. I love reflecting back and seeing the differences between 20 year old Roxy and now 30 year old Roxy. Emotionally, & spiritually they have changed drastically...but mentally...I am still the forever 19 year old at heart! :)

For my birthday Jesse got be a body form!!! Ah! Soo excited when I got it! I am really stoked to finally start having the designs in my head crystallize.. AND it is sooo nice to get back to designing clothes like how I did in school. Draping fabric, walking away for the day, coming back to see if it is something that works or is just a mess-mess is one of the things I miss about school.

But back to turning 30... for me it  has been something that I have been preparing for over the last year. Since January, I have been working really hard at obtaining a more simplified life. Getting off of Facebook was one of those major steps for me, and ironically I don't even miss it. Getting rid of a butt-load of *things* has also helped with simplifying. My goal by the time Jesse and I move into our own little home here soon is to have hardly any tchotchke items, a small amount of books [I am trying to utilize the library more rather than buying] a small amount of clothes, shoes, jewelry [keeping only my staple items] letting go of the many craft materials I own, etc. I thought I would miss a lot of this stuff that I have donated to the D.I. so far. Like facebook...I have not missed any of it one bit...which means I must not have loved/needed it that much. : /

This photostrip of Jesse and I was taken this past Friday at our buddy's reception. It makes me laugh every time I see it because of Jesse's face in each shot. He [Mr. Jesse Lee Barrus ] will always be my favorite gift I have ever received.... :) Here's to turning thirty [glass of seltzer raised in the air] and for getting older!

5 comments:

fnjkeankjaen said...

HAPPY (belated)BIRTHDAY!! (the 4th was my parents anniversary too)

I understand this need to get rid of stuff, I often think I own too much or shouldn't keep everything. At the moment I am not ready to get rid of my stuff, but I'm definitely thinking much more before I buy anything...

Anonymous said...

can you write a post about finding love and how you knew jesse was the one? i know this is probably too personal but i am a single girl who hasn't had any luck in finding the one. i am on a path to improving myself...by being more involved in my own interests...but not sure what else i should be doing? i seem to be attracting guys only interested in a short term relationship, if you know what i mean...
i respect your opinion.
tia maria

Jessica Marie said...

Happy Birthday! You are exactly 4 months older than me! Thinking about that, our mothers must have enjoyed being pregnant with the two of us at the same time! So, is 30 all that bad? :) I LOVE LOVE LOVE that photo strip of the two of you. The one that makes me laugh is your expression in the 3rd one down! You both are adorable together!

ROXY MARJ said...

Vivi, I loved your comment of "at the moment I am not ready to get rid of stuff" lol I don't know if it was meant to be funny or not...but I think it is quite cute! :) That is neat about your parents getting married on the 4th! So cool!! :-[)

Tia,

I really appreciate your comment, and I will hopefully have a post on this topic tomorrow morning.... I have been collecting my thoughts on this since I read what you wrote and want to be sure to write a post that is both thoughtful, logical, and helpful. :) xo

Jessica,
So Nov. 4th? then is your birthday? :-[) I will have to remember that! I wish my mom had enjoyed being pregnant with me. Sadly, I remember her telling me awhile ago that she was unhappy during ever pregnancy...which is sad because that is a lot of unhappiness. 7 kids = 63 months of unhappiness...which doesn't include all the months/years of unhappiness once we were all born. :/ It is sad to say but when I read your comment, her telling me that instantly came back to me. :(

Ali said...

Happy late birthday! Yay for 30. I also love how excited you were to get a dress form - good things to come from this.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...